Tuesday, November 18, 2014

A Short Post About Waistbands

Antique petticoat. Business in the front, party in the back.
Perfectly period for bustle petticoats, so why not underskirts?
I dislike above all things to have too many waistbands on my actual waist. I've adapted a petticoat construction for my underskirts. I get a nice flat front and as much looseness as I need to have the skirt hang just a little below the waist.






Front and side front sewn together and finished with a bias tape at the waist. The back is finished with a gathered drawstring and then sewn to the front. The ribbon must be in the casing before it's sewn.  
     

















Ever Your Thimble,
Miss Brilliantine


Ever
Antique petticoat. Business in the front, party in the back.   
                                                                                                               
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       


No comments:

Post a Comment