Thursday, December 26, 2019

Brocades of Desire

Make do and re-purpose, mend, tend, purge yourself of acquisitiveness. Sometimes, sometimes it's not so much possession as expression. Not so much wanting to HAVE a thing as wanting to make it. To pass your hands over it, drape and shape, mold it out of little cut-up pieces and give it dimension. Watch it as you turn one way then another and see it change. It's paper and ink, clay and dye, paint and pencils. Like new words.
I guess I was never made to be an Ascetic.
Deep pink and peacock blue brocade from puresilks.us
I can see it trimmed in black velvet for contrast. I love high contrast, and velvet...... scrummy. I have been holding off new purchases because I have bins full of stuffs. Plain and fancy, and I fancy this. 

In The Mean Time-
I did re-make a few pieces to wear to The Great Dickens Christmas Fair, with practically perfect probity.  I do love the little puzzles of making do.
The Swiss belt was made from a soft printed suede "blouse", really it was 3 rectangles sewn together. I still have some left over to make another thing. The beaded bolero jacket was a lucky fine on Poshmark. I took a deep tuck all the way around to shorten it not wanting to cut it.


Suitable for dancing.

Maybe I'll buy a swatch of the brocade and just run my fingers over it... we'll see.

Ever Your Thimble Servant,
Miss Brilliantine

No comments:

Post a Comment