Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Impressionist Picnic

Or what you can make with a $10 sari other than a regency gown. I wanted an easy picnic dress and found a lovely simple organdy sari. The rest you can see for yourself. Mostly pictures, beware!
I used every bit of the embroidered edge, it made itself!
I filled in the curvy front with another bit of embroidered organdy. Never throwing anything away pays off.

I draped the overskirt  using as much of the edge as possible, asymmetry to the recuse.
re-trimmed flowerpot hat

Lolling under the trees

Mega-Bustle (look for her in the new Marvel comic)

Our resident painter, Chuck. At the Impressionist picnic we don't just talk the talk, we walk it.

The Gentlemen

The ladies
The Rancho
I love a vintage picnic and luckily have like minded friends. Do we do a first person impression? No, we just like to bring out all the linen, plate and bubbly, get dressed up in out finest, filmiest attire and disport ourselves. That's enough.
I was waylaid by an emergency dental surgery earlier that week, malaise set in. I did finish the dress and muster all the enthusiasm I could.  I ended up having a lovely time. (But thuffering thuccotash I thtill have thitches)
Ever Youur Thimble Thervant,
Mith Brilliantine

3 comments:

  1. Oops! I forgot to give Sheila Murphy credit for the use of the picnic pics. Thanks Sheila, I was too busy being merry to take many.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos. Others I have seen inspired me to encourage our costume guild to do something similar on the Fall.
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. Val, the SDI and Los Encinos in the San Fernando Valley are putting on a Victorian day in the park on June 28th. Come on up! It's a beautiful historic property with a natural spring with ducks and a lovely adobe farm house from the middle of the last century. There will be dancing.

    ReplyDelete