Thursday, June 2, 2016

I'm Behind My Time

I owe a post about the wonderful ball at Bath in the Assembly Rooms. I have to source the pictures because I took so few. In the mean time.... a project!
I have an annual picnic looming and need to get it together if I want a new dress. Trouble is too many options. I know, what a dilemma. This spotty cotton, that abstract floral, cotton organdy trim, pleats, flounces. UGH!
I think I've hit on the bodice detail, I love the look of the faux bolero.
She looks a little grim, but I love her lacey bolero front and my that hat!

Another version of the false lace front. I THINK it's lace.....

Pinned up, I think I'm liking it.

Full frontal 
The inspiration for the bottom half. A little swish, a little swag, a little drape. The usual.
This is all there is of this lace, so it will be mix and match. Slowly, slowly getting back the enthusiasm for bigger projects.
Ever Your Thimble Servant,
Miss Brilliantine

1 comment:

  1. I love the bolero effect! And combination looks so summery!

    ReplyDelete