I know, who would have thought of it? I had made the bodice half of a ball gown and had all the moving parts for the rest. After giving myself a pep talk, I finished it.
Now, it wasn't a straight line, I floundered and thought up other designs with other fabrics. Actually made a different underskirt. Haunted the thrift stores for easy make-overs and found a great linen duster that just needed a sleeve adjustment for "Room With A View" ramblings. Changed the buttons and added darts to a blouse, easy useful stuff.
Yet here it is.
|I used all the blacks, velvet, satin and organdy.|
|It is smoother IRL, the flash is not helpful to velvet.|
|The overskirt is a vintage silk organdy with a velvet flock I call 'chain-link'.|
|The satin underskirt has the scalloped hem I currently love. My American Duchess shoes will finally have a chance to dance|
Ever Your Thimble Servant,