Sunday, June 18, 2017

The Crescents of Saturn Bustle and a Picnic


I have many dress lengths languishing for picnics/Summer wear. But I just didn't wanna, so this was a dress  do-over. I wanted to adjust the front drapes and 'oomph' the bustle. Not wanting to reinvent the wheel (bustle) I added some padded crescents to the old one. Presto!
Crescents of goodness.
As you can see, it's not an original idea. Collaborating with the past!
We have achieved 'oomph'!
It's all about the back, baby.
My yearly Impressionist's picnic was blessed with fabulous weather, I don't think it broke 75 degrees (it's scorching one week later).
Blah, Blah, Blah... here are pictures.
Chantal adds up the reasons why.


Karin, Adam and Athene as fashionable fashion plates of fashion.

Some fine gentlemen.

Lovely languid day on the lawn.

No one went thirsty.
The elegant, puffy and charming.

Zounds, the heat! How are delicate flowers to survive?

This is Rancho Camulos in Piru Ca. The actual place Helen Hunt Jackson visited before writing "Ramona". It's heavenly.

Ever Your Thimble Servant,
Miss Brilliantine

3 comments:

  1. Haha! As I sit at my picnic table covered with a shower curtain. Necessity, invention, bustles & champagne...

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT is amazing! I keep thinking my butt needs to be bigger too.
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos! Great addition to your bustle.

    ReplyDelete