Thursday, April 19, 2018

I Go to ALL the Things

April may be cruel but it's also busy.
Since all the things are happening at once I'll not squander them. Opportunity is fickle, who knows when it'll come round again. To that end I'll gather as much joy as I can, while I can and maybe put some aside for a leaner time when joy isn't so thick on the ground. A sort of joy jerky, dried and put by for when I need it.
I heard you, "I'd never partake of desiccated joy". But you would in a hungry time, I know you would.
"Got any of that dried joy left...?"

Thing the First-
Last Saturday was our Spring ball given by the Social Daunce Irregulars in Pasadena. I wore the return of the Swiss Waist and a fine thing it turned out to be, the lace did not shred as I feared. Stalwart yet elegant. Why, I could jump out of a fox hole bayonets fixed and still look elegant. Maybe I exaggerate, a little.
A little repurposed and made over, but serviceable.
Thing the Second-
This Saturday is GBACG "Train Ride into the West". Steam train, 1880's period attire and BBQ, where do I sign? http://www.gbacg.org/current/western-train_2018.php
A re-blocked straw and inspiration ( Antonio Mancini)
I do love to re-block hats, sooo much easier that making them from scratch and very satisfying. ( I fear I may be losing brain cells to the vapor, though.)
I did make a dress from scratch, using a lovely silk stripe given to me by Loren Dearborn of "The Costumer's Closet" blog. Dearborn is the most apt name.
I'll post action shots from the day.
Thing the Third-
Then there is the Art Deco Society's Preservation ball, http://www.artdecopreservationball.com/
Wherein I'll be wearing a "this old thing", but the shoes are pretty.
The right tool for the job, says I.
I think that's enough, I will squeeze in a ramble because it won't stay green forever.
May is starting to look lonely by comparison.

Ever Your Thimble Servant,
Miss Brilliantine

No comments:

Post a Comment