Friday, March 15, 2019

A Bit of Trim

Trim, it has a few meanings.
A fancy applied embellishment an attractive woman... among other things. Oh words, they are reprobate and sublime, they are supine and compliant, or not. They love to be dandled. They are promiscuous, adamantine and changeable. DO NOT lend them money.
The trim I mean is the kind you sew on.
The trim in it's original color and after a dip in robin's egg blue.
I'm finishing a dress for my Sister-in-law to wear to a Victorian ball in Bath. (Everyone can play!) I found some pretty trim with just enough sparkle-ation  but a little neutral in color. To the dye bath!
You can change the backing threads enough to reflect the dress color by giving it a dip in dye. The metal/plastic parts won't change but you may get enough color if threads take the dye.


It's simple and satisfying, I like the dyes from Dharma Trading Co. the colors are lovely and varied.  I have found that a little tan dye takes down the shine of  "metallic" gold trim, it mutes the under threads just enough to be passable.
 
Ever Your Thimble Servant,
Miss Brilliantine

No comments:

Post a Comment