Sunday, July 14, 2019

A Change is as Good as a Rest

So they say.
Here's to packing up all your old stuff (or almost all) and bringing it to a new place. It's still your stuff, even if the horizon is all new. Is one different or just the scenery, does it matter? It's change. Terrible, terrible change. And like me, all y'all have a lot of stuff, stuff of dreams, stuff of nightmares, stuffing to be kicked out of you and re-applied, like the Scarecrow in Oz. That's you all over.
The weird re-homing, like a lifelong Summer camp, a little home sick but happy. There will be crafts!
Horizon A

Horizon B
A funny thing, I kept on remembering little phrases my Dad and Sister used to say, tiny nostalgias that bubbled up, inconsequential and unbidden. Non sequiturs of encouragement that catch you unaware.

Still life with Napoleon, antique sewing machine, wicker dog and playing cards.
Time to sharpen my pencil, my scissors and my wits, for filling in the blanks and cutting up didos,
and for some "chaotic stumbling-about" as I find my footing.

Ever Your Thimble Servant,
Miss Brilliantine

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous view and still life! Missing you but wishing you all the best in the new place! <3

    ReplyDelete