Monday, October 31, 2016

(Mostly) Thrift Store Anne Bonny


 And finally, pirates.
Scallywags, buccaneers, they even have their own talk like one day. We all have favorites and I want not to forget the ladies.  As the final thrift store personage from history, I give you Anne Bonny.
Copper plate engravings add 10 pounds.

We are guessing at her appearance so here goes!
Properly warned be ye says I!
Is this impression a little stereotypical? Sure. My apologies to Pirate Americans.
Stand back lubbers, he's mine.

Lets break it down.


This fab coat was given to my by Loren, I was to have been part of a Costume College Disney villain group  a few years ago, but was too sick to make it. Captain Hook represents!

Retrimmed Halloween store hat, American Duchess Pompadours and 99c Store striped socks.
Skirt, belt and shirt thrifted from various stores.
Astrolabe? Sundial? Sextant? Not sure but it's adorable. Fancy pomander which opens for the storing of poison! 
These thrift store treasures are collected throughout the year, honestly it's a numbers game. You just have to go regularly, sometimes you score, but mostly you don't. Still thrifting means I can buy shoes. American Duchess and Remix are my two favorites. Here's a link to the Pompadours-
http://www.american-duchess.com/shoes-18th-century/pompadour-french-court-shoe-black

Happy Halloween, may all your fun-size be Snickers and may black and orange taffy never clutter your stash.
Ever Your Thimble Servant,
Miss Brilliantine

No comments:

Post a Comment