Tuesday, September 2, 2014

I emerge from behind a bush

The bf and I did make it to the Huntington Beach CW event. This is not our usual time travel but it was a fun event and very well attended. I wore my quicky jacket, it was comfy, if not well fitted  (there was no fitting at all, so it's a bit roomy). And I did get to trot out and trot around in my Robert Land Balmoral boots. See.
And as promised,  the thrift store skirt, not really wide enough around but such a pretty print. I'm a sucker for an artificial dress support. I love a flying buttress or suspension bridge any kind of puff-up, spread-out widener. But here am I cage free, it was liberating.
And Jake, all gussied up in a vest he patterned himself (and I sewed). I also made the tie and pants, I'm getting pretty good at the breeches, just don't ask me to match a plaid. He is a  good sport about the dress up. It took me a long time to find him, but he's a keeper. He works in dimensional design at the giant international theme park company, so he has the patterning chops (if I can teach him to sew I'll be home free). The tie is a re-purposed silk thrift store one. I take them apart, cut them up and resew, they make a passable 19th c. bow. I'll post a tutorial if anyone is interested.

And just for your enjoyment, the tallest Zouave ever.
Ever your Thimble Servant,
Miss Brilliantine



2 comments:

  1. You both look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my inspiration for making curves in costume look FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete